Donations make it possible for us to ship medical supplies free of charge. These supplies help decrease maternal mortality and morbidity around the world.
Maternal mortality is any death associated with complications from pregnancy and childbirth. Almost all of these deaths are medically preventable and occur in the developing world.
World Health Organization Maternal Mortality Fact Sheet 2014*
- 99% of all maternal deaths occur in developing countries.
- Every day, approximately 800 women die from preventable causes related to pregnancy and childbirth.
- Maternal mortality is higher in women living in rural areas and among poorer communities.
- Young adolescents face a higher risk of complications and death as a result of pregnancy than older women and is the leading cause of death among adolescent girls in developing countries.
Main Causes of Maternal Mortality
- Complications from Delivery
- Severe Bleeding
- Pre-existing Conditions
- Lack of access to care and medical supplies.
- Pregnancy induced high blood pressure.
We would love for you to join us in our mission of saving the lives of mothers.